Using Wacom Intuos 5 with libinput makes the Input Controller in GIMP perform twice
GIMP version: GIMP 2.10.2
Operating System: Debian Unstable 4.16.16-2-amd64
Package: Installed from APT in Debian repos.
Description of the bug
Disclaimer: I have chosen to use pure libinput as my only input driver in Xorg (by choice) until I feel comfortable to migrate fully to a Wayland desktop.
Libinput reports both the press and release of buttons. Perhaps, because of the way libinput communicates with the X server, GIMP is somehow programmed incorrectly to react to the release of the button, instead of just the press of the button.
Is the bug reproducible? Probably.
- Install GIMP
- Install xserver-xorg-input-libinput but do NOT install xserver-xorg-input-wacom
- Go to: Edit > Preferences > Input Devices > Input Controllers
- Add Linux Input to the Active Controllers pane
- Click on Edit Event, and set it to anything
- When attempting to press and release the button, the event happens twice
The event should happen only once, and perhaps only when the user presses the button, or releases it. Maybe that sort of option can be configurable.
The event incorrectly happens twice during press and release of the button.
I can make any logs available upon request if needed.