editing an image while a save or export is in progress can cause corruption
Submitted by Sébastien Bacher
This bug has been opened here: https://bugzilla.ubuntu.com/12235
"Steps to reproduce:
- Create a large image (screenshot as png is fine for older hardware)
- Open the image in the gimp and modify it
- Click the window close cross in the top right hand corner - a dialog should pop up asking to save the changes
- Click 'Save'
- Quickly click the window close cross in the top right hand corner of the main gimp window
- Click 'Discard changes'
- Image is corrupted if the Discard changes was clicked before the previous save finished.
This is counter-intuitive - if I'm in the middle of a save, the close window cross should bring up a dialog indicating a save is in progress - regardless whether I click close on the image window or the main window."