Scale tool hotkeys ("alt+s" and alt+r) not working with on-canvas dialog, opens menu with same accelerator key instead
Submitted by Francesco De Domenico
Created attachment 371803 The attachment is an archive containing 2 pictures showing the wrong behavior.
Using the Scale Tool will make a contextual, tool related, popup to appear and it won't accept the "Alt+S" hotkey for pressing the "Scale" button, this is also happens with the "Alt+R" hotkey for the "Reset" button.
I have experienced this behavior since GIMP 2.10RC1 and I can confirm the same issue happening on my Windows 10 x64 installations and a Fedora 28 installation running the 2.10 flatpak image provided by gimp.org. I can also confirm this didn't happen in the 2.8.x branch.
How to reproduce the bug:
- Create a new image of any size of your choice
- Create a text layer or paste any layer of your choice
- Select the Scale Tool and click on the newly created layer
- Contextual tool popup will appear, enter any desired new size values, press enter, the layer will be previewed with the new sizes.
- Try to perform the scale operation by using the hotkey "Alt+S", the "S" of the scale button will be underlined as well as the "Select" menu from the toolbar
- The "Select" menu will open instead of the "Scale" button to be pressed.
If in point 5) we decide to press "Alt+R" to reset the image to the original size, the "Filters" menu from toolbar will open instead.
In the attachment zip there are two images:
- 1.jpg shows the behavior of the software while just holding down "Alt"
- 2.jpg shows the behavior of the software while pressing the whole "Alt+S"
Attachment 371803, "The attachment is an archive containing 2 pictures showing the wrong behavior.":