1. 13 May, 2018 1 commit
    • Jehan's avatar
      desktop: remove the double <releases> trick. · 0492157d
      Jehan authored
      This was added in commits 447d9bbc and fb6328b9.
      With it, the validation succeeds. Still I am actually not sure that is
      proper appdata format. Also we have issues of metadata not shown for our
      flatpak package, and I am wondering if this could be the issue.
      So let's get rid of this hack.
      
      Also temporarily commenting out the appdata unit test because it fails
      without, because of a bug in appstream-util. This bug has been fixed
      since, but there are no releases containing this fix yet.
      See: https://github.com/hughsie/appstream-glib/issues/234
      We'll reactivate the tests later.
      0492157d
  2. 01 Feb, 2018 1 commit
    • Jehan's avatar
      desktop: fix the appstream unit tests. · 5fc91e92
      Jehan authored
      The first validation command was actually failing but the test was not,
      because only the last return value is taken into account, obviously. Add
      a '&&' between the commands.
      Also test against the built files, not the templates (in particular
      because `appstream-util` doesn't like .in.in templates, and anyway it's
      always better to test against the finale file).
      Finally move to "validate-relax" test for the time being.
      "validate-strict" actually makes a bunch of errors, but I can't make the
      time to look at these now. Let's just settle with basic validation at
      least.
      5fc91e92
  3. 14 Jan, 2018 1 commit
    • Jehan's avatar
      Rename gimp.appdata.xml.in to org.gimp.GIMP.appdata.xml.in.in. · 458e3130
      Jehan authored
      I completely forgot to rename the appstream file according to the new
      ID. While doing so, I also make it a .in.in file, with initial
      processing by the autotools. Indeed I need @GIMP_COMMAND@ to be replaced
      by AC_CONFIG_FILES().
      Finally I fix a badly closed XML tag (which reminds me I should always
      test a commit, even when it's a simple non-C 1-liner change!).
      458e3130
  4. 17 Jun, 2017 1 commit
    • Jehan's avatar
      desktop: make the appstream metainfo file translatable. · 60f09c34
      Jehan authored
      To have the name and summary translatable, rename as .in file, add
      underscore on localizable tags and add to POTFILES.in.
      Also clean out trailing whitespace and weird characters, add indentation
      and fix tag s/updatecontact/update_contact/.
      Finally add an appstream-util validation so that the file syntax is
      checked during a `make check`.
      60f09c34
  5. 23 May, 2017 1 commit
    • Jehan's avatar
      desktop: add a test for strict validation of appdata file. · 7e25248f
      Jehan authored
      This way we can be warned quickly about any AppStream issue (cf. bug
      782759). This test requires web access for screenshot verification.
      Packagers are invited to use --without-appdata-test option if they want
      to skip the test (for instance if build environment has restricted
      network access).
      7e25248f