This patch attempts to provide a 2.99/3.0 compatible version of the 2006 GSoC vector layer code. It builds on the work done by Hendrik Boom, Martin Nordholts, Gilles Rochefort, and @Wormnest (!551). This patch implements and updates all 12 patches linked in #282. This includes the code developed in !551 as well as an undo system and other minor edits.
The 2006 workflow is as follows:
- Create path(s) with the Path Tool
- Choose "Path to Vector Layer" option in the Path Tool GUI
- Right-click on "Fill/Stroke Layer" option in layer menu
- Make fill/stroke changes and apply
- Continue altering path and fill/stroke settings as needed
- (Optionally) Convert to regular layer with "Discard vector layer information" option.
Video demonstrating some of the vecter layer features:
This patch is intended for initial community review and feedback - while the code now works, there are likely many changes needed for the 2006 vector layers to be acceptable for inclusion in GIMP. I will post my own observations and questions in a comment below.
NOTE: The undo code for the vector layers fails if GLIB 2.74 is installed due to a known glitch (similar to the issue with editing text layers). You need to have GLIB 2.74.1 or downgrade to a version that doesn't have that glitch.