Save colour values from transparent pixels has no effect in v2.10.24 on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
- GIMP version: 2.10.24
- Package: Ubuntu Software install of latest/stable
- Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
Description of the bug
When trying to export a PNG with fully transparent pixels that contain colour, the colour is lost despite using the 'Save colour values from transparent pixels' option. I have tried various other combinations of options such as not including background colour, and picking specific pixel formats but it never maintains the pixel colour.
- Create a new image
- Fill the layer with a colour
- Set it's transparency to zero
- Check that the colour picker still has the colour data
- Export the image as a PNG with default options except with 'Save colour values from transparent pixels' set to be on.
- Open the png in GIMP and note that the colour is now black
Gimp file with a transparent coloured layer: testAlpha.xcf The PNG it exports when trying to save transparent colours:
A video of some processing on an existing PNG that contains transparent coloured pixels to show that they are lost on export (seems not to play unless you download it, not sure if I've done something wrong).