When rotating or zooming canvas the centre of current view is not preserved
- GIMP version: 2.99.6 beta
- Package: flatpak Installer from gimp.org
- Operating System: Debian Bullseye
Description of the bug
When rotating the canvas using shortcut keys, the current centre of the view is not maintained, instead the centre will shift randomly all over the canvas. Likewise when zooming out the centre will often shift to the middle of the canvas rather than its current position.
Is the bug reproducible? Always
- Have some keyboard shortcuts assigned to Rotate 15 degrees clockwise and 15 degrees counter clockwise actions
- Have some keyboard shortcuts assigned to Zoom in a lot and Zoom out a lot actions
- Create a large canvas
- Test the behaviour when rotating while zoomed in to a view of less than the full canvas and the behaviour when zooming in and out to/from views that only show a part of the canvas.
Expected result: the current centre of the view of the canvas remains in the centre
Actual result: the centre moves to another random part of the canvas.