Symmetry Painting: Low performance if more than one layer visible.
- GIMP Version: 2.10.24 and 2.99.4
- Package: GIMP.com Installer
- Operating System: Windows 10.
Using the symmetry drawing while more than one layer is visible dramatically decreases the performance of it. While drawing on a single layer feels very smooth, adding other layers or making other layers visible seems to decrease the performance a lot.
Single layer: gimp-performance_Solo_Layer.log
Another layer visible(Big performance drop):gimp-performance_Multi_Layers.log -->
Performance Log Description
- Create a new document.
- Make sure the document has 2 layers.
- Hide one of the layers.
- Enable symmetry drawing (mandala x60 or so to get the most noticeable effect)
- Draw your mandala with only the active layer visible (feels relatively smooth)
- Turn the other layer visible
- Once again try to draw the same mandala. (Performance will feel much worse)
As long as only one layer is visible the Symmetry Painting feels smooth and High FPS. But as soon as just one other layer is visible the performance drops and it feels very laggy. I find this weird since the additional layers should not actually interfere in the process and as such I consider the performance drop a bug/issue.
I've had verification from at least one other person that the performance drop seemingly occurred for them as well.