Help throws error message
- GIMP version: 2.10.22
- Package: Via Ubuntu Softwre
- Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04
Description of the bug
Having installed GIMP, I was keen on obtaining some help. Instead of help I got the error message
Could not open 'https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-help.xml' for reading: Operation not supported
Perhaps you are missing GIO backends and need to install GVFS?
- Install Ubuntu 20.04 on a fresh Intel/AMD
- Install GIMP using the Ubuntu software installer icon (orange suitcase)
- Run Gimp
- Press F1 - see the error message instead of helpful infomation
Expected result: Seeing helpful text etc.
Actual result: Error message with S-RUI (S-RUI = Seemingly-Random Unrecognised Initialisms )
If you have a backtrace for a crash or a warning, paste it here.