selection tools doesn't work on macOS
- GIMP version: 2.10.22
- Package: installed from gimp.org
- Operating System: macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
Description of the bug
I have problems with all the selection tools. I did a research on the internet and I had read that you might not be able to see it if the show selection was turned off, but that was not the problem.
When I had the problem for the first time I had not the lates 2.10 version of Gimp, So I downloaded and installed the latest version. After that I still had the same issues. After installing the latest version I also could not see if the the show selection was selected or not. In the previous version of Gimp there was a sign, when the show selection in the View tab was selected.
I am not a Gimp master and I follow a Gimp photoshop course via Udemy, But I think that these are bugs and I read on the internet that I am not the only one with same problems. I tried the foreground tool on my laptop with a linux OS and then it works, but not on my macbook. I also tried to run the command gimp --version --verbose, but it failed. I hope that I have informed you sufficiently
Tools who don't work:
- free select Tool
- foreground tool
- fuzzy select tool
- select-by-color tool
- scissors tool
- rectangular selection
- oval selection
- alpha select
Is the bug reproducible? always
Reproduction steps foreground tool:
- I opened a jpg image
- I used the foreground select tool
- I selected the girl in the image
- After that I pressed the enter key I saw the color mask, so I painted the girl with the brush
- I clicked on the select button to apply the selection, afterwards the selection was disappeared …
Reproduction other selection tools:
- for example I wanted to use the fuzzy tool
- I clicked somewhere in the image to select, but it is not selecting anything.
Reproduction steps rectangular selection and oval selection:
- I opened a layer with white background to created shapes
- I clicked on the rectangular selection
- I created an new layer (For the shape)
- after I created the rectangle, I pressed the enter key to activate the selection.
Expected result: I expect a rectangle with lines as show in the image.
After hitting on the enter key the rectangle disappears.
If you have a backtrace for a crash or a warning, paste it here.