Infinite loop when scaling image after using "Image >> Crop to selection"
GIMP version: 2.10.22
Operating System: Windows 10
Description of the bug
Using "Image >> Scale image..." after having used "Image >> Crop to selection" causes Gimp to seemingly enter an infinite loop and stops responding.
Is the bug reproducible? Almost always. Does not seem to occur for small images.
- Open an image (at least 1000 x 1000)
- Select a largish part of the image
- Select "Image >> Crop to selection" in the menu
- Select "Image >> Scale image..." in the menu
- Chose a size over 2000 x 2000 and chose "Cubic" interpolation
- Click "Scale"
Expected result: Images scales successfully.
Actual result: Progress bar slows down until Gimp stops responding.