Enchancement: make focused image window active immediatelly in non-single window mode
Operating System: Not sure if it's specific, but I use (Arch) Linux.
Description: This happens when using non-single window mode (the one that makes you detach the tools and move them to the 2nd monitor). When several images are opened in Gimp at once, in their own windows, selecting the window of one doesn't make the selected image active in GIMP.
- Open two images in GIMP, No1 and No2. One will be in each window.
- Image No1 is displayed with its layers, history changes etc. as should.
- Select the window of the image No2.
- Even though you have image No2 on your screen, has active window, it is not active in GIMP, unless you open window menues or activate some tools.
What would this enchantment solve:
- The moment you pick the window of selected image will make GIMP responsive and display corresponding settings and everything you did for the active window and image on the screen.
- There were FAR too many moments when I clicked on history, wanted to paste etc. the wrong image, thinking the one focused on the screen was active.