GIMP renders certain PSDs incorrectly
GIMP version: 2.10.20 revision 1
Note: bug reporters are expected to have verified the bug still exists either in the last stable version of GIMP or on updated development code (master branch).
Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview x86_64 (10.0.20170.1000 [WinBuild.160101.0800])
Package: GIMP for Windows installer from https://www.gimp.org/downloads/
Description of the bug
Two PSDs that render their color layers correctly in Photoshop render them completely incorrectly/totally destroyed in GIMP:
- Screenshot of Photoshop rendering
- Screenshot of GIMP rendering
- Link to the PSD
- Link to another PSD that displays the same bug | VERY NSFW WARNING
(The Google drive download preview thumbnail in link 3 renders the PSD correctly as well)
Is the bug reproducible? Always
- Open the PSD in GIMP
- Observe the color layers are very messed up.
- Open the PSD in Photoshop, observe the color layers are rendered correctly.
- Open the PSD in online web services that can preview PSDs like Google Drive, observe the color layers are rendered correctly.
Expected result: The PSD color layers are rendered correctly like in Photoshop.
Actual result: The PSD color layers are rendered incorrectly in GIMP but correctly in Photoshop.
I think this either has to with GIMP not supporting nested folders in PSDs properly like Photoshop does, or potentially some sort of mask issue.