Meta data missing in HEIC format - Gimp 2.10.18 (Win)
GIMP version: 2.10.18
Operating System: [Windows]
Package: [GIMP for Windows downloaded directly]
Meta data not handled or purely in Gimp, when exporting an image in heic format
Is the bug reproducible? [Always]
- Import an jpeg image
- Display Meta > Exif - data all data available and ok
- Export the image as xyz.heic
- Open other viewer like Irfan or Faststone image xyz.heic is displayed properly. But no meta or exif date are given
- Open xyz.heic in Gimp again
Expected result: original meta data as imported from jpg image
Actual result: no metadata is shown no meta data seams to be exported
Additional information / issue?
concerning meta in webp images When testing with webp format, exporting and importing meta data from an jpg image works fine. But other viewers like Irfan, Faststone or XnView don't show any meta data exported by Gimp per webp image.
- Either is the meta data exported by Gimp with a incompatible or buggy format?
- Or tested external viewers do not handle meta data given in webp format - I wonder
Not sure, whether I should issue a further webp exporting bug? There is already a 2.10 bug open; but I am not sure, wheather it covers the issue, that other viewes do not show webp meta data given im images exported by Gimp