After coloring a selection and exporting to PDF, file only shows the color (and nothing else) when "Convert bitmaps to vector graphics where possible" was set
GIMP version: gimp-2.10.6-2.fc29.x86_64
Operating System: Fedora 29
Package: Fedora default
Is the bug reproducible? Always (3 out of 3)
Steps to reproduce:
- Open an existing PDF file which has 1 page included. In the "Import from PDF" dialog, it does not matter whether you choose "Open pages as layers" or "Open pages as images".
- Use the "Rectangle Select Tool" to select a small area
- Press Delete key to remove content in the selection
- Use the "Bucket Fill Tool" to put some color in that selection
- File > Export As...
- Enter file name "whatever.pdf" and click "Export" button
- In the "Export Image as PDF" dialog, you must check "Convert bitmaps to vector graphics where possible"
- Click "Export button"
- Open the exported PDF file with evince
Expected outcome: What was seen on the screen
Actual outcome: The entire PDF file only shows the color of the selection, all other content removed
Additional information: Does not happen when opening a JPEG instead of a PDF. This worked as expected in 2.8. This only happens when "Convert bitmaps to vector graphics where possible" is enabled.