Plug-in Crashed: "twain.exe"
GIMP version: 2.10.6
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS build 17134.228
Package: [flatpak? Installer from gimp.org? If another installer, tell us where from]
Description of the bug
Please describe your issue with details.
After I scan in a document from my Epson XP-405 printer/scanner, the transfer is complete, but he EPSON Scan window does not close straight away and the GIMP Message detailed below appers.
This is a new install on a new laptop, I use Gimp 2.10.2 on an older laptop with the same printer/scanner with no problem.
Add screenshot or other files if needed.
Plug-in crashed: "twain.exe" (C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\twain\twain.exe)
The dying plug-in may have messed up GIMP's internal state. You may want to save your images and restart GIMP to be on the safe side.
Is the bug reproducible? [Always / Randomly / Happened only once ]
- Select File - Create - Scanner/Camera...
- Select window opens and I select "EPSON XP-300/XP-400/ME-400 3.79 (32-"
- This opens EPSON Scan window and I click on the Scan button
- I then get Transferring data from scanner/camera and the image loads
- Normally the EPSON Scan window should close automatically right after the scan in done, but this window stays open for about 30 seconds
- Then the GIMP Message (shown above) is displayed.
I have attached a document that shows the steps, I hope that this helps 180828_GIMP_Scanner_Problem.pdf …
If I use the EPSON Scan software on its own it works fine. I can scan documents and save them as an image (e.g. .jeg) with problem
If you have a backtrace for a crash or a warning, paste it here.