Search and replace escaped characters inconsistent
Today I tried to use search and replace (not regex,) to replace
(4 spaces) with
\rhs (a latex command). To my surprise, the
\r was replaced as newline. Okay, fine. So I replaced
\\rhs which worked fine.
But since the first thing worked so nicely I tried to replace
\\\\\r (to escpaped slashes and a newline) and it didn't work. I tried a bit and it seems that searching does never match
\r while gedit is fine with replacing
\r as newline.
Then I tried the ctrl+f search functionality with the file and
\r does not match anything even though a lot of my lines start with
\rhs but also the newlines aren't matched (the search box has a red outline).
Solution: Either not replace escaped characters during replace (so replacing newlines, tabs, etc. just doesn't work) or make searching and replacing consistent that everything that can be replaced can also be searched.