Sluggish on X11 but not Wayland
Can someone help me debug this issue?
Running Debian Buster - stock install: Gedit 3.30.2
Description of Problem (when loading an X11 Gnome session)
- Open a >400 line file.
- Scroll from top to bottom a few times (scroll using both page-up / down and mouse-wheel)
- Change some stuff at top of file. Tab indent, scroll to bottom. Change stuff at bottom
- Go to end of file, tab indent. Start typing elements with colons (ie. Item1:Item2:Item3)
- After about 1 min of this, the UI becomes very very sluggish. Will take 10 secs to update keypress.
- Will have moments where its not sluggish, but overall performance seems permanently impacted.
I can repeat the same exercise in Wayland session and this doesn't happen.
Does anybody have a way I can get more info? Some sort of debug mode?
I've tried launching gedit from terminal to look for errors on stdout, but none are produced.