Tracking: Transparent encryption and signing with GPG
Migrating this bug to /GNOME/ from /bugzilla-migration.
These are the tasks that need to be completed before the others can be done.
Tasks that can only be done after the above are completed. 1052 is a hard requirement for all of the below. Details regarding that are in the Notes section.
- 766274: Sign new messages using PGP/MIME
- 766275: Encrypt new message bodies and attachments using PGP/MIME
- 766276: Verify messages signed using PGP/MIME or inline PGP
- 766277: Decrypt messages encrypted as PGP/MIME or inline PGP
- Mailing list post on changes to GMime
- GMime 3 porting guide
- Initial UX design for receiving mail and sending mail
- Operational PGP - some good advice, but not what we are aiming for
Speaking with @mjog in the Geary channel, he expressed the following which is relevant to 1052:
The general idea is though that Geary should only be responsible for applying GPG to email, it shouldn't attempt to do any kind of key generation, keyserver sync, etc. That's all best left to specialised apps.