Setup with Mailfence.com IMAP fails with "Check login password" error
Attempting to setup a mail account in Geary referencing Mailfence.com's IMAP server results in " Account not created: Check your sending login and password." error incorrectly. (Login/password verified on webmail version.)
- Geary version: 0.13.3
- Installation method: Apt-get package via add-apt-repository ppa:geary-team/releases
- Your desktop: Gnome (default version for Ubuntu 18.04.2)
- Your operating system and version: Ubuntu 18.04.2, new install.
- Email provider: Mailfence.com
Steps to reproduce
- Create paid (!) mailfence account (only paid accounts support IMAP unfortunately)
- Create new account in Geary, and enter in credentials according to instructions on Mailfence site.: https://mailfence.com/en/faq.jsp (search in page: IMAP)
- Receive error shown in screenshot. Note that I tried :993 etc. to specify port numbers in geary interface, as in: "imap.mailfence.com:993 ", but that didn't work either.
What is the current bug behavior?
The account is not created as it should be and Geary reports: "Account not created: Check your sending login and password" The login username and password are valid as confirmed by logging in via web interface.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Relevant logs and/or screenshots
(Paste any relevant logs - please use code blocks (```) to format console output, logs, and code as it's very hard to read otherwise. If the bug is a crash, please obtain a stack trace and attach it to this bug.)