Message list facelift
The message list will need some changes to be adaptive. While we're at it, it would also be good to fix some other layout issues with it.
Issues with the current implementation
- The thread subject is repeated in every single message
- The timestamp on the right side is not vertically aligned with the star and menu icons
- Message cards don't have a border radius, making the stack effect look a bit odd
- The card shadows are too prominent visually, and should be toned down. When the window doesn't have focus we should probably hide them completely
Some of the ideas I tried here:
- Move the thread subject line up to the top, to make it more prominent and legible, and the individual messages cleaner
- Vertically center the timestamp on the sender name and the icons on the right. Move the next line of text down a bit.
- Add a border radius to the message cards
- Much more subtle shadow (2px vertical offset, 2px blur, 20% opacity). This could probably use some iterations, but something in this direction would be much nicer and less distracting.