Improve problem reporting and logging
Geary should implement structured logging, keep a running buffer of logged objects at all times, and add this information as appropriate to the technical details of problem reports, so that when people encounter an error they don't need to quit, re-run with -d, then try to reproduce the error.
Some tasks to implement this include:
Convert Geary to use structured logging (see the
wip/structured-loggingbranch for a start on this)
- Keep a bounded buffer of logged objects, ~ 1k entries per account?
- Add a viewer GUI to be able to access the buffer
- Filter the buffer to obtain relevant objects for a problem report and include these in the technical details for it
- Convert to more GNOMEish way of controlling logging to the console (bgo 714645)
Enable logging everything to a file from the command line (
teeis too laggy)
- Coalesce multiple one-off errors into a single problem report (per account?) - #286 (closed)
- Ensure problem report text is markdown-friendly (e.g. double-space at end of line for a line-break)