Geary concurrently is in multiple modes
Sometimes it happens, that Geary operates in multiple modes at the same time.
- Geary version: v0.12.4
- Installation method: Flathub
- Your desktop: GNOME
- Your operating system and version: Fedora 29 Silverblue
- Email provider: Other, but I use more, as for example also Gmail
Steps to reproduce
I really don’t know, happens every few weeks.
What is the current bug behavior?
Sometimes I see that there are too much icons in the header bar, which sometimes also leads to un-maximize the window, as the header bar needs more width than my screen can provide (and I have 15" or 24"). You see it in the screen shot below, for example
What is the expected correct behavior?
I’m pretty sure that this is caused due to dynamically creating these views by creating and deleting those modes whenever something happens. This could easily be solved (and also made much easier in the code), if there would be a simple state machine, which
- implements all states by one enum definition and
- one variable for the current state, with the type of the states enum.
- Then this module also needs to define the “create” and “destroy” actions which set-up and clear every mode,
- so that the module is finally able to have one “mode-change” function, which – when allowed/possible/feasible – destroys the current mode and afterwards creates the new mode.
Thereby, such errors would never be possible at all.
Relevant logs and/or screenshots