Replace SQLite with something non-harmful
Now that SQLite has published a "CoC" for the project that is actively harmful, we should move to a different query and storage system.
Requirements for the replacement:
- Fast indexed lookup
- Upgradable schema
- Localizable full-text search (FTS)
- Scales to DB and query sizes in the 1's of GiB (if not 10's)
- GLib/Vala compatible API
- GLib async friendly (or at least thread-safe)
Nice to have:
- Embeddable in-process
- Existing GLib Introspection / Vala bindings
- Type-safe query language (e.g. object-oriented criteria queries)
- Easily upgradable schema
- SQL-based (although if it does support SQL, it might ease replacement of SQLite)
If anyone has any suggestions, please add them below.