An e-mail search loses last selection making full-quote reply or forward impossible
When a search is conducted using CTRL+S in the quick search field, the e-mail selection is not preserved once the search field is cleared.
- Geary version: 0.12.1 and 0.12.4
- Installation method: Ubuntu packages (0.12.1), Geary PPA (0.12.4)
- Your desktop: GNOME 3.28.2
- Your operating system and version: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
- Email provider: independent (GUI)
Steps to reproduce
- Select a Mailbox
- Go into quick search (CTRL+S)
- Search for a term (e.g. "cake")
- Find the e-mail amongst the list containing the search term and select it
- Clear the Search field.
- Observe how the newly selected e-mail is the first in the full list of e-mails
What is the current bug behavior?
After a search is conducted using CTRL+S in the quick search field and the search field is cleared the selection is lost. If you would reply to the selected e-mail before clearing the search field, only the search term (as it is highlighted) would be inline quoted.
What is the expected correct behavior?
After clearing the search field, the e-mail selected amongst the search results should remain the selected e-mail and the e-mail list being scrolled down accordingly. This would enable the quoting of the full e-mail in reply or forward cases.