Known Flatpak limitations
This is a tracking bug for known limitations running Geary under Flatpak.
If you are using Geary installed via Flatpak and are experiencing a bug not listed here, please file a new issue so we can take a look at it first.
- Desktop font settings are ignored, requires GLib support (glib#2213 (closed)) or workaround in Geary (#989)
- Drag and drop of attachments into folders not working: Portal support has landed, requires xdg-desktop-portal >= 1.5.4, GTK 3.x support still missing(?)
- Save All attachments not working: Portal support has landed, requires xdg-desktop-portal >= 1.5.3, requires custom Geary code or GTK 3.x/4.x support
- Contacts sometimes not available: Requires new portal for contacts, various workarounds exist including making sure your system version of Evolution Data Server matches the version which Geary is using
- Printing not working: Known WebKitGTK limitation, see that link for status and details. A workaround is to print to a PDF in the Downloads directory, then print that using a PDF viewer like Document Viewer
- Autostart not automatically updated when "Watch for new mail" preference is enabled: Support for this has landed in the portal, need to wait for this to be deployed by distros and support added to Geary to implement it.
Custom GTK theme not working? The sandbox used by Geary's Flatpak package is quite strong to mitigate email-based security vulnerabilities, and this may cause your custom theme to stop working if not installed correctly. Please consult the FAQ for background and suggested fixes.
See also issues labelled