Cannot open subfolder/label with unread messages
If a folder/label has both subfolders and unread messages, it's usually not possible to expand the folder list.
- Geary version: 40.alpha (and git)
- Installation method: Fedora 34 Beta RPM
- Desktop environment: Gnome
- Operating system and version: Fedora 34 Beta
- Email provider: Gmail & other
Steps to reproduce
- Have a mailbox with subfolders
- Have at least one unread mail in a folder
- Expand folder (click arrow right / down)
More than 90% of the time when geary starts only the unread icon is rendered. The arrow right/down isn't rendered. Clicking on a folder when this is the case crashes geary.
Less than 10% of the time (one test: 2 out of 100), both icons are rendered, and the folders expand as expected.
The crash usually reports:
Gtk:ERROR:gtkcellrenderer.c:1796:gtk_cell_renderer_get_aligned_area: assertion failed: (aligned_area->x >= cell_area->x && aligned_area->x <= cell_area->x + cell_area->width) Bail out! Gtk:ERROR:gtkcellrenderer.c:1796:gtk_cell_renderer_get_aligned_area: assertion failed: (aligned_area->x >= cell_area->x && aligned_area->x <= cell_area->x + cell_area->width)
What did you expect to happen?
Folder expands to show subfolders
Relevant logs and/or screenshots
Screenshots attached. One is a light theme, the other a dark theme, but that's just because of the 2% hit rate. I've had both with both Adwaita light and dark.