.ani files fail to load when using GDI+ loaders
Submitted by Chun-wei Fan
When I was running the test programs, animation and pixbuf-read (when using .ani files), I get an assertion error indicating that the .ani files couln't be loaded:
ERROR:animation.c:11:test_animation: assertion failed (error == NULL): InvalidParameter (gdk-pixbuf-error-quark, 5) (A similar error is given when I run pixbuf-read on test-animation.ani)
This occurs when I built gdk-pixbuf with the GDI+ image loaders, but these tests ran fine when I used the "traditional" image laders (i.e. those that made use of libtiff, jpeg-turbo/libjpeg and optionally libjasper).
So, after some investigation it seems that this is caused by GDI+ being unable to support the decoding and reading of .ani files directly.
As I was poking around the code, it seems that although the ANI module was loaded to load the .ani file, the GDI+ module was loaded (and and took over the ANI loader) as the ANI module processed an ICO during the loading process.
Version: git master