- Simple and straightfoward flow
- Don't give preference to one server (like we do now for matrix.org)
- Support logging in via LDAP, email, phone number etc.
In order to cover all requirements and keep the flow simple, I think we need to split up the login process into multiple steps. This keeps individual steps simple and focused, while still accounting for the many complex variables.
Here's an example of what that could look like for login:
Destkop example screen:
- Should we move login to an HdyDialog? It would be nice because we wouldn't have to worry too much about controls being far away on larger sizes, but on the minus side we'd need to figure out what to do about the empty window behind it
- Should we make it possible to "feature" some servers on the "Choose Server" screen? Perhaps we could include some curated servers, or only have this as an option for people who redistribute the app in e.g. corporate environments?