Regression when selecting room cursor starts from the beginning
Using Fractal 3.99 from 4 days ago, according to issue #396 (comment 386207).
- Open Fractal
- Enter a room
- The cursor is located at the top of the conversation regardless it was already read.
It is possible to reproduce it in the same session:
- Go to the end of the conversation.
- Change rooms, and then come back.
- The cursor is again at the beginning of the conversation.
- Write a message in the room.
- The message is sent, the scrollbar is updated, but the cursor stays in the same position. One has to manually move the scrollbar to see the message just written.
When reading, I would expect either:
The cursor in in the last message read in my last visit to the room, not the last time I opened the application, or
At the bottom of the conversation, and offer me a way to go to scroll up to the last unread message (the opposite to the scroll to bottom offered in previous versions).
When writing and sending a message in a room, I expect the message appears in the screen after I send it.
This is a regression as it works as expected in the stable version.