The Librem 5 is due to launch April ofnext year, and it would be great to have a native Matrix client functioning right out the gate. To do this, we need to adapt the UI for Fractal so it fits within the constraints listed here, with the most important being fitting within 360×720 points in portrait mode.
In order to make sure that everything fits in the portrait mode constraints some views will need a redesign while others will just need some tweaks. The main view will need to fold into two separate views, with the room list as the top level.
- Provide design for Room Directory view to fit within 360px width
- Provide design for Log In view to fit within 360px width (#448 (closed))
- Use HdyLeaflet for main view with smooth folding and view switching
- Implement Log In design (!400 (merged))
- Implement adaptive room directory
- Fit Room Details view cleanly within 360px width
- Fit image viewer within 360px constraints
- Fit all dialogues (new room, invite user, various errors and warnings) within 360px constraints
- Ensure main view does not grow outside of user or screen given width (e.g. from long labels)
- Ensure the Log In view fits within 360px constraints
- Ensure the Room Directory fits within 360px constraints
- Ensure the Room Details view fits within 360px constraints
- Ensure image viewer fits within 360px constraints
- Ensure dialogues fit within 360px constraints