Make Fractal a GNOME project
So I'm ware Fractal people wants Fractal to become a GNOME app, and I think everyone at GNOME would be happy for that too, but we don't have a process to do that. So with your permission, I would like Fractal to be a bit the test rat :)
It's important that it becomes part of GNOME in a near future, since probably we are going to limit CI for non-GNOME projects soon (I will make an exception for this app if needed though). Also I read that Purism is considering making it the main app for communication, it would be good to give it a more official status so it's known that has GNOME support behind.
So I have some starting points:
- I remember discussing contacting the release team in the past, was that done? What was the outcome?
- Does it follow the release criteria? Note that this is for released software, we also have software in GNOME/ that is not released by GNOME itself. However, it would be a good starting point to make sure it follow those points.
Also I guess it would be good to know how it plays with the rest of the GNOME ecosystem:
- Have you contacted GNOME Chat maintainers (if any) and discussed what was the plan there?
- Have you considered the Chat app designs?
- How does it play along with Polari?
Hope this is useful and with the help of Fractal we can write down a more formal process for future projects...