Redesign: "New messages" divider
The current "new messages" divider line isn't very visible or descriptive. It should be clearly separated from messages with some vertical whitespace, and have a text label that explains what it is.
The current divider:
I propose a 2px blue line interrupted by a text label, with 20px of vertical space above and 10px below.
- Make divider separate object
- Make divider line blue and 2px
- Add centered text label "New Messages"
- Make divider object non-selectable
- Add 20px margin above and 10px margin below the divider
- Only show divider for messages from other people (see comment below)
- Show divider in rooms with new messages at startup
- Set position in the room history to where the divider is at startup
- Divider looks and behaves as expected