Visual glitches with image thumbnails
The new larger image previews are much better, but there are a few visual bugs. The behavior with the border being visible on hover is fine, but the padding inside the border is uneven:
The margin around the image should be the same on all sides, especially on the right where it currently looks wildly broken for wide window sizes. A good padding value is probably 3px.
While an image is loading, there is a giant 3 dot icon, which is way too big and not a great loading indicator.
Instead of this icon I'd use a GTK spinner, probably around 30px in size (same as the one we have when switching rooms), and a light gray background color, as a placeholder for the shape of the image before it's loaded.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open Fractal
- Enter a room with an image
- Make window very wide
- Change padding inside image button to 3px on all sides
- Add light gray background color when the image isn't loaded yet
- Use a spinner instead of the 3 dot icon (centered horizontally and vertically)
- Make loading rectangle the same size as image
- When sending the image, don't show the loading rectangle, overlay a spinner on the actual image
- Padding looks as expected
- Background color (while loading) looks as expected
- Spinner looks as expected