Event time shifted by an hour after edit for some time zones
If I edit an existing meeting/appointment, it gets saved with the time one hour earlier than I chose. Here's how I can reproduce:
- Create a meeting/appt in an Office 365 calendar for 5pm, save.
- The meeting appears at 5pm.
- Open the meeting and change the start time to 4pm, save.
- The meeting appears at 3pm.
- Login to OWA in a browser and check the meeting, it appears at 4pm.
Some maybe relevant facts:
- My system is in America/Los_Angeles, and we're currently on daylight time. Pacific daylight time is UTC -7.
- The OWA Calendar app menu (Settings -> Current time zones) describes Pacific time as UTC -8, which is incorrect on daylight time. There doesn't appear to be a way to change it. But somehow the web UI gets the times correct in spite of this.
- I invited a non-O365 email, and the calendar event from Evolution has timezone Pacific Standard Time. An example invite + update are attached.
- This is with evolution and evolution-ews 3.30.5-1 from Debian buster.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have admin enable hashed storage. More information