impossible to print pdf with evince 3.36.7 (Ubuntu 20.04) and Kyocera Taskalfa 2552ci
Summary and versions
I am on a fresh installed Ubuntu 20.04.1, with Kyocera Taskalfa 2552ci printer installed using last PPD available (version 8.1606). I am unable to print any pdf file i tested with evince 3.36.7 (Ubuntu 20.04). I tested 3 differents pdf files.
Step by step to reproduce
- Open a pdf file with evince by clicking on file in file browser.
- Hit the printer icone in evince
- Select the printer (here Kyocera Taskalfa 2552ci)
- Hit the print button
What is happening ?
- the document is not printed.
- the task is not listed in cups.
What is expected ?
- the document is printed
- a new task is listed in cups.
For printing a pdf file, i do not use Evince anymore but LibreOffice Draw or Firefox. And pdf are printed like a charm.