In fullscreen mode, Top Menu and Annotation Menu are on top of one another => unusable
When Evince is put in fullscreen mode, the Top menu switches to auto-hide mode.
So if you want to annotate a PDF opened in fullscreen mode, you have to:
- Mouse the mouse to the top
- Wait for the Top menu to appear
- Click the "Annotate the document" icon in the Top menu [Here, the "annotation" menu appears, but it is hidden under the auto-hiding Top Menu]
- Wait a few seconds for the Top menu to hide itself
- Then the annotation menu appears and you can work.
Also, even once the "annotation" is opened and the Top Menu is hidden, every time you move your mouse to the top of the screen to click "Note Text" or "Highlight" text, there a huge chance your mouse pointer reaches a region that sets off the appearing of the Top Menu.
Unfortunately this way of working makes the annotation of PDF in fullscreen mode totally unusable...
Could you please find a way of presenting the menus in fullscreen mode that is more UX friendly?
EDIT1: Also when switching to another Virtual workspace/desktop and switching back to the one with fullscreen Evince, the Top Menu appears and does not disappear automatically, which furthers the problem. The user has to click in some unused space in the GUI to force the menu to disappear (thus loosing any selections, etc.).
EDIT2: I'm under XUbuntu, i3 WM and Evince 3.36.0