The Override Text Encoding dialog is confusing
The current design of the Override Text Encoding dialog can be confusing:
- to see any of the possible actions, you first have to disable using the current encoding
- but that doesn't mean any other encoding will be used
- now you can expand the encodings list
- selecting an encoding will apply it immediatly
- then I'll have to close the page manually
It feels a bit weird to me, is there a good reason for that design?
- making the recommended encoding a prominent option and not a toggle
- making the encodings list available directly (avoiding a click to the users)
- have Cancel and Apply buttons
- selecting an encoding wouldn't do a thing, applying would (avoiding some confusion for the same amount of clicks)
The only downside of that design is that to test different encodings, you would have to open the dialog multiple times.
See https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/Apps_Issues/issues/91 for more on the confusion caused by the current design.