Can't change new tab page/disable "most visited"
Submitted by GN
At present it's not possible to change or disable "most visited" when opening a new tab.
With Homepage set to "New tab page":
- new tabs show "most visited"
- new windows show "most visited"
- the home button is not shown
With Homepage set to "Blank page":
- new tabs still show "most visited"
- new windows show a blank page
- the home button is shown
This was apparently briefly fixed:
However, it was rolled back a week later:
The removal commit message says: "It's a lot simpler to just use homepage-url always for new tabs and windows if present."
Unfortunately, despite that, homepage-url is ignored for new tabs.
- I think it would make sense to not show the home button if "Blank page" is set, since I suspect the button would never be used in that case, and the user would more likely have blank page set for the purpose of new tabs/windows only. If others feel otherwise, then there should be another way of disabling "most visited" without getting stuck with a home button.
- "New tab page" is the wrong description. It should be "most visited" or similar. I can file a separate bug for that if desired.
Version: 3.24.x (obsolete)