All IM accounts are taken offline when notification from spotify client comes in
Submitted by Ben Klaas
I use AIM and Jabber accounts in Empathy. The Linux Spotify client sends a notification to gnome (?) as to what's being listened to
I've found a workaround to the problem, and it has only worked when I do execute the workaround in exactly this order.
- Open spotify client
- Open empathy, make sure all accounts show up as online
- Play a track on spotify (this reliably reproduces the issue of being kicked off all accounts. User is presented with "All accounts are offline" and a button to go back online)
- Stop spotify and close spotify client
- Bring all accounts back online in Empathy with "go back online" button
- Open terminal, killall spotify
- Relaunch spotify
After going through that process, everything works flawlessly.
I can run empathy debugger if that's helpful and anyone has time to look at this. Please let me know any specifics on getting the best information possible.
This might be a problem in how spotify sends notifications, but Empathy should handle bad notifications more gracefully and not log off the user from all accounts.