UML: naming classes and messages is too difficult
Submitted by Tommi Komulainen
The problem: naming classes, messages, constraints, etc. is too difficult.
To create class named 'Foo' the required steps, as I've figured them, are:
- click the class icon in toolbar
- click on the canvas (creates class named 'Class')
- double-click on 'Class' to get the properties dialog
- click on the text entry to be able to type the new name, because default focus is apparently on vacation who knows where
- type 'Foo'
- grab the mouse again and 'OK', because hitting Enter does nothing
Now, the steps I thought were required were:
- and 2. as above
- type 'Foo'
which is, strangely enough, exactly how creating objects works...
Messages, constraints, large packages and whatnot suffer from the same annoyance; you are forced to bring up the properties dialog (and click the damn entry widget to get the focus) to be able to do anything with them.
On the other hand, objects, small packages, notes, etc. have this right: they allow you to type text right after selecting the element. The same should be possible for other elements too.
Ultimately, I should be able to type attributes and operations directly on the class element, but important things first...