Adjusting the font size by one step closes the popover
In my many years of terminal usage on phones, I found that it's rare to adjust the font size just by one step. Usually you either want to make the font way smaller (so some curses interface you just launched can fit), or to make it way bigger (in case you want to show it to someone or focus on short output of some app).
Other mobile terminals allow the font size to be quickly adjusted:
- vala-terminal has font size buttons on always-shown toolbar, which allows to easily tap them multiple times
- osso-terminal uses N900's volume buttons to adjust the font size, which can be easily pressed multiple times
Kings Cross, however, requires the user to open the popover again after each step, which is pretty painful.
Some ideas that could make it more user friendly:
- don't close the popover when pressing font size adjustment buttons
- add additional buttons that would adjust the font size, say, 3 steps at once
- move the font size buttons into the header bar
- maybe use the volume buttons as well? (discoverability of that feature is pretty poor though)