Cheese Defaulting to YUYV, on Webcam That Requires Other Protocols for 30FPS
I am using a Logitech B525, which supports 1080p@30FPS, however whenever I set the resolution to over than 1184x656 on Cheese, I immediately get enormous slowdowns (even at aforementioned resolution, I have lags, just not as extreme).
Having researched read about the MJPEG support, I checked with STrace, and indeed, Cheese recognizes the MJPEG support, however does not utilize it.
With GUVCView, I have ascertained the following support:
- Up to 1920x1080p at 30/1FPS
- Up to 800x448p at 30/1FPS
- Up to 800x600p and 864x480p at 24/1FPS
- Up to 960x544p at 20/1FPS
- Up to 1184x656p at 15/1FPS
- Up to 1392x768p at 10/1FPS
- Up to 1600x896p, plus 1280x960p at 15/2FPS
- Up to 1920x1080p at 5/1FPS
Cheese defaulting to YUYV in this situation is less than ideal, especially since Cheese does not expose any GUI settings to either manually select the stream protocol or the framerate (which could dynamically be selected from the list of supported protocols by the software).