GNOME Mobile apps
Let's make GNOME apps work on mobile!
Thanks to new features introduced into libhandy and thanks to fixes to Adwaita in GTK+, you can make GTK+ 3 apps adaptive to work both on the desktop and on the upcoming GNOME-based mobile devices.
For the moment, libhandy is a GTK+ 3 widget library, we will ultimately port it to GTK+ 4 and relevant widgets will be submitted to GTK+ 4.
- Make GTK+ apps adaptive to work both on the desktop and on the upcoming GNOME-based mobile devices
People on charge & contact
- Adrien Plazas (@aplazas)
Contact us in #mobile
Instructions to achieve the goals
- See guidelines and useful links in the wiki page: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/Initiatives/wikis/GNOME-apps-mobile
Label for tracking the initiative
Text for the initiative issue in projects
We are trying to make GNOME apps usable in mobile environments. For that, It would be awesome your app can follow the recommendations explained at: * https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/Initiatives/wikis/GNOME-apps-mobile Read more about this at the [initiative](https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/Initiatives/issues/5) /label ~"9. Initiative: Mobile Apps".
List of projects & tasks (please keep this list ordered alphabetically)
- Contacts: gnome-contacts#110
- Fractal: fractal#377
- Games: gnome-games#80
- Geary: geary#141
- Music: gnome-music#255
- Podcasts World/podcasts#80
- Settings: gnome-control-center#231
How can I help
By helping maintainers implement part of the goal, with the instructions provided in the wiki page.