Mass mailing archiving after 29 Nov 2020
I've written to and created loads of issues (here, Github, etc) to migrate the mailing list. I'm going to use this issue to keep track of the various mailing lists where I got an public agreement/approval to archive the mailing list (either in favour of Discourse, or just archive only). Please do not action before Oct 30th 2020. This as that was the deadline date given to existing subscribers.
- The list name: various, see below, I'll update this list over the weeks.
- The rationale on why the mailing list should be archived (i.e project unmaintained): as part of the initiative to move everything over to Discourse (#18)
- Whether the list should be aliased to a specific other mailing list address
Please remember we only remove the list information, subscriptions and NOT the archives themselves which are kept around for historical reasons.
The list of mailing lists and the public approval
- eog-list per eog#156
Mailing lists being investigated
- cheese-list per cheese#91
- evince-list per evince#1499
- f-spot-list per https://github.com/f-spot/f-spot/issues/167
Note to others
This issue will be moved to the Infrastructure product shortly before the deadline. This to avoid spamming the sysadmins with issues they cannot immediately act upon. Feel free to add additional mailing lists to above list.