Analysis: Possible Audiences for the Developer Center
- GNOME newcomers (interested in contribution)
- Experienced GNOME stack developers (fx library developers)
- Experienced GNOME app developers
- Third party app developers (unfamiliar with GNOME technology)
- Interns (think GSoC or Outreachy)
- Shell Extension developers
- GTK+/Shell Theme developers
- Distribution maintainers
- People who are new to programming
- Programmers from all over the world
- Programmers who prefer video tutorials<
- User Interface Designers (?)
Variables coming into play
- What they wish to accomplish (an app, an extension, a design)
- Their familiarity with the GNOME stack.
- Learning preferences (text tutorials, video tutorials,..).
- Programming language preferences
- Spoken language preferences
Primary Audience Proposals
@kenvandine proposed at the GUADEC BoF that we cater to Third Party App Developers.
- Are there other possible audiences we should to consider?
- Describe each audience so we agree what they mean.
- Define our main audience.
- How does our current audiences experience the current Developer Center? What is missing in our experience?
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information